Windstar Cruises Announces 11 NEW Private Events In Europe
Windstar Cruises brings guests closer to European culture in 2016 with the introduction of 11 new Private Events in the region.
Launched in 2015, every Windstar sailing features a spectacular onshore Private Event. These events are exclusive and complimentary for Windstar guests, allowing for an in-depth and authentic local experience that complements the voyage, destination, and local culture. Windstar is increasing guest opportunities for these immersive local experiences through six new Private Events in the Mediterranean and five new Private Events in Northern Europe in 2016, with a total of 20 unique Private Events in the region.
New in the Mediterranean on the 8-day Treasures of Southern Spain & Morocco itinerary aboard the Wind Star and Wind Surf, a centuries-old tradition comes alive during the Giants, Big-Heads & Human Towers Private Event in Tarragona, Spain. This specially curated Windstar event is held at the spectacular Roman Amphitheater of Tarragona, built in the first century A.D. and an UNESCO World Heritage Site. The event begins with the building of a castell, an incredible tower of people standing one on top of the other, often ranging a story or more high. This festival tradition was first documented in 1712 and is now on the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity List. Windstar guests watch as the castell is built and dismantled. Throughout the Private Event guests sip sangria and nosh on Catalan tapas, including world-famous Iberian ham.
New in Northern Europe on the 11-day Lands of the Midnight Sun itinerary aboard the Star Legend is Molde: The Magnificent Caves Bergtatt Private Event. The day begins with a scenic drive north to the marble caves of Bergtatt, where guests take a boat deep into the glistening caves, traversing an underground lake aboard a comfortable barge. These caves are not navigated in total darkness – light from elegant chandeliers installed within the caverns reflects on the crystal clear water to illuminate the journey. After leaving the boats and entering into the main hall, guests enjoy traditional Norwegian fare like lefse, a soft Norwegian flatbread made with potatoes, flour, butter, and milk, and drink sparkling wine while being entertained by local singers and dancers.
Windstar’s nine other new European Private Events include:
- Bergen: Romantic Inspiration - Lands of the Midnight Sun
- Seydisfjordur: Natural Splendor & Quirky Charm - Around Iceland
- St. Petersburg: Artistry in Ballet at Musical Comedy Theatre - Baltic Delights
- Porto: Unique Riverboat Cruising with Songs & Spirits of Portugal - Best of Europe’s West Coast
- Agadir: Moroccan Meal & Entertainment in a Desert Tent - Morocco & The Canary Islands
- Dubrovnik: Spectacular View, Wine Tasting & Folklore Show at Park Orsula - Classic Italy & Dalmatian Coast
- Tangier: Mystery, Romance and Espionage - Treasures of Southern Spain & Morocco
- Katakolon: Magna Grecia - The Spirit of Greece Itself - Venetian Passages
- Portofino: Beloved Villa Durazzo, Pesto Demo & Tastings -Glitter & Glam of the Rivieras
For more information on voyages with Windstar Cruises and the lines Private Events, please call one of our Cruise Experts on 0800 008 6677.