Star Pride Re-enters Service Following $4.5 Million Transformation
Windstar Cruises has announced that Star Pride is back in action following her scheduled $4.5 million transformation, including a complete renovation of two exclusive Owner’s Suites, public lounges and more.
The 2016 Star Pride transformation builds on earlier renovations now matching all guest accommodations and features of sister yachts, Star Breeze and Star Legend. Total investment in refurbishing the three yachts is over $21.5 million dollars in the last two years.
Star Pride 2016 Transformation Highlights
Suite Upgrades : Two Owner’s Suites were completely rebuilt with a new indoor-outdoor floor plan and interior design featuring new linens, towels, furnishings, windows and drapery. Guests staying in one of the two exclusive suites will enjoy a new, extended private deck area with spectacular views over the bow of the ship.
In addition, all luxurious guest suites on the yacht received stylish new coffee tables, and new flat screen televisions. Comfortable sofa beds were added in the living rooms of 12 select suites now offering triple accommodations.
Public Spaces: All guest stairways and hallways were redone in Windstar blues and earth tones, conveying a unified nautical theme throughout the elegant yacht. New carpets and tile flooring were also added to stairwells and all indoor public spaces.
- The Lounge: the former entertainment lounge now includes new flooring, lighting, sound system, and furniture. The newly created elegant ambiance makes the show lounge an amenable space for entertainment, meetings and small gatherings.
- Veranda: the restaurant in the aft of the yacht expands its outdoor seating to a new courtyard area, complete with a succulent garden wall.
- Star Deck: the top outdoor deck expanded by four feet on each side, giving additional space for guests to relax on deck chairs. The Star Deck also offers a new counter-current pool and whirlpool.
- Library: the Library has been updated with softer colours, new furnishings and new artwork.
- Star Screening Room: the space transformed from a card room to an intimate screening room where guests can watch the latest movies and play video games.
- Fitness Center: the new gym layout includes new flooring, wall coverings and window treatments for a cooler and more refreshing wellness atmosphere.
Dining Venues : AmphorA Restaurant, the main dining room on board, completes its redesign with new flooring, wall coverings, lighting and seating layout. A new public bathroom was added adjacent to the entrance. Veranda restaurant has opened up a 180-degree view of the ocean by adding sliding glass doors and an aft glass wind screen. Veranda also offers expanded outdoor seating in the new courtyard which is complete with a virtual garden wall.
For more information on voyages aboard Star Pride, please contact one of our Cruise Experts on 0800 008 6677.