Star Legend Joins The Windstar Cruises Fleet
At a christening ceremony held in the ancient city of Rome, Windstar Cruises debuted its latest fleet addition, Star Legend - the third and final of the lines three new all-suite power yachts.
The christening ceremony marked Star Legend’s introduction to the Windstar fleet, and the start of her inaugural voyage through Italy, France, and Spain – she joins just a few weeks after her sister Star Breeze also joined the fleet at a christening ceremony held in Nice, France, on May 6.
Gloria Bohan, president and CEO of Omega World Travel and Cruise.com, was honoured with the role of Star Legend’s godmother, successfully breaking a traditional bottle of champagne over the bow in front of a crowd of specially invited guests.
Star Legend and Star Breeze can both offer accommodations for up to 212 passengers at double occupancy. The inclusion of Star Breeze and Star Legend to the Windstar fleet makes the company a market leader in small ship cruising with 300 or fewer passengers, with a total of 1,242 berths and six ships.
After her inaugural voyage, Star Legend will continue to cruise the Mediterranean and Northern Europe for the summer season.
Star Legend Transformation
Star Legend joins after an $8.5 million, three-week renovation in Genoa, Italy. She received a full stem to stern transformation, including overhauls of every public space, dining venues, and suites.
- The outdoor Star Deck has expanded by 4 feet on each side to provide more space for lounging
- The Star Deck now offers a new counter-current pool and whirlpool.
- The observation lounge on the top deck is transformed to Windstar’s popular Yacht Club, a chic coffee bar and lounge4
- The entertainment lounge is completely renovated with new flooring, lighting, and furniture
- The club space has turned into the Compass Rose, redesigned with new contemporary furnishings, rich new flooring finishes, and plantation shutters
- The ship’s card room is now the Star Screening Room, where guests can view current movies
- AmphorA Restaurant is completely redesigned with updated lighting, wall coverings, art work, and seating layouts
- Veranda, located at the aft of the yacht, now offers expanded outdoor seating complete with a courtyard and garden wall
For more information on voyages with Windstar Cruises, please call one of our friendly Cruise Experts on 0800 008 6677.