Sea Cloud is a vast, steel and canvas cathedral of a sailing ship. Built as a private yacht back in 1931 for the heiress Marjorie Post, she is 359 foot long and has a graceful, flaring profile topped by a quartet of towering masts. Today, Sea Cloud is one of the most distinctive, instantly recognisable ships at sea anywhere.
Marjorie Post furnished and decorated the Sea Cloud with incredible care and attention to detail. Her original owners’ suite is some 410 sq. ft, with moulded ceilings and taps fashioned as gilded golden swans. This air of opulence and beauty drifts through the entire vessel to this day.
After a spell as an American weather ship and even a dictator’s yacht, the Sea Cloud was lovingly restored to her original condition in 1979, but with every modern safeguard added for good measure. For anyone looking for pure romance and escapism in an environment of complete, unabashed luxury, the graceful, white hulled Sea Cloud will deliver with consummate style and old world taste. Step aboard the largest private yacht ever commissioned, with a history as rich and elegant as the décor that surrounds you for a voyage like no other.
Accommodation on the Sea Cloud
- Two owner’s suites, both with separate bedroom with full bath, king size bed and private facilities
- Thirty five other cabins, ranging from 255 sq. ft down to 102 sq. ft, all with private facilities
- Former officers’ cabins on the Promenade Deck, with upper and lower berths down to around 102 sq. ft, with private facilities
- Total capacity is sixty five guests
Entertainment on the Sea Cloud
- Lido bar prefect for sunset cocktails
- Main indoor lounge with live music
- Theatre at sea, watching the vast spread of canvas as it is raised and lowered to spellbinding effect
Facilities on board the Sea Cloud
- Main restaurant with open seating for evening meals, usually served three times a week
- Outdoor Lido Bar
- Main lounge
- Outdoor deck buffet
- On board boutique
- One laptop computer for passenger use
- A variety of water sports, including wind surfing and water ski-ing, dependent on the ports of call
- Complimentary wines poured with lunch and dinner
- Exceptional crew ratio of 61 staff members for 65 passengers