Sleek, stylish and beautiful, Holland America Line’s MS Rotterdam bears one of the proudest names in maritime history. With an elegant three storey atrium lobby inside and graceful twin funnels outside, she surrounds her passengers with beauty, refinement and a sheer stage presence that is impossible to simply manufacture.
A large part of this is down to the warm, personable Indonesian and Filipino wait staff that imbue the ship with a distinctive sense of grace and hospitality. At 63,000 tons, the Rotterdam is big enough to provide ample variety and space at any hour of the day or night, and yet intimate enough to retain a sense of camaraderie, both among passengers and crew and with the surrounding environment.
Artwork throughout the ship is simply stunning, mainly classical in style and dotted around the Rotterdam like so many random exclamation marks. Much of it emphasises HAL’s stellar nautical traditions, and yet this is a ship where every modern comfort and convenience is always close at hand. As such, the Rotterdam is an almost perfect pastiche of the past and present, gift wrapped in a stunningly beautiful ship that never fails to surprise and delight.
Longer itineraries in this distinct, timeless environment make the Rotterdam one of the ocean’s most priceless jewels.
The Rotterdam has accommodation ranging from inside cabins to suites ranging across some twenty-five grades, as outlined below. All come with shower, WC, telephone and DVD player with flat screen television.
- Grade N and NN are standard insides with twin beds that convert to queen
- Grades I, J, K, L, M and MM are large insides that have twins that convert to queen size bed. From 182 sq. ft
- Ocean view cabins. With facilities as above, from 182 sq. ft. Grades C (not all), D, DA, DD (not all) E, EE, F and FF have full ocean views through windows. Some grade C, DD and HH have only partial or obstructed views. Grades G and H have portholes instead of windows.
- Veranda cabins. Four grades. As above but with larger sitting area, mini bar, fridge and furnished balcony. Around 292 sq. ft
- Deluxe grades SA and SB. Around 556 sq. ft with large veranda, whirlpool bath and king size bed.
- Grade PS- 1,159 feet with large sitting and entertainment area plus expansive private balcony.
- Large, two story forward facing theatre for lavish, Broadway style production shows
- Numerous bars and lounges featuring different styles of pre and after dinner music, including beautiful Crow’s Nest observation lounge, and the Hudson Room.
- Casino until the early morning hours
- Two pools (one with retractable sliding roof) and two whirlpools
- Large, upper deck fitness centre with treatment rooms
- Sauna and massage facilities
- Elegant, two tier main dining room for breakfast, lunch and two sitting dinner each evening
- Exclusive Pinnacle Grill for upscale dining each evening at a small surcharge
- Indoor/outdoor lido restaurant for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night snacks
- Wajang theatre and culinary arts centre for movies and in house cooking demonstrations
- Library and internet facilities
- Shopping gallery
- Art gallery
- Practice tennis and outdoor basketball courts
- Explorations café
- Private concierge lounge for passengers in accommodation designated as suites
|25 Mar 2018||Western Caribbean||7 days||Rotterdam|
|1 Apr 2018||Western Caribbean||7 days||Rotterdam|
|8 Apr 2018||Western Caribbean||7 days||Rotterdam|
|8 Apr 2018||Western Caribbean & Normandy Expedition||22 days||Rotterdam|
|15 Apr 2018||Azores and Normady Expedition||15 days||Rotterdam|
|15 Apr 2018||Azores, Normady & Baltic Jewels||27 days||Rotterdam|
|30 Apr 2018||Jewels of the Baltic||14 days||Rotterdam|
|30 Apr 2018||Jewels of the Baltic||12 days||Rotterdam|
|30 Apr 2018||Baltic & Viking Sagas||19 days||Rotterdam|
|12 May 2018||Copy of Viking Sagas||7 days||Rotterdam|
|12 May 2018||Viking Sagas||7 days||Rotterdam|
|12 May 2018||Viking Sagas & Voyage of the Midnight Sun||21 days||Rotterdam|
|19 May 2018||Voyage of the Midnight Sun & Norse Legends||21 days||Rotterdam|
|19 May 2018||Voyage of the Midnight Sun||14 days||Rotterdam|
|2 Jun 2018||Norse Legends||7 days||Rotterdam|