Cunard Announces Details Of its 2016 World Cruise Programme
Cunard Line has announced its 2016 World and Exotic Cruise Programme, which will see Queen Elizabeth, Queen Victoria and Queen Mary 2 collectively sail to 92 unique destinations in 47 countries – 32 of which will be maiden calls.
Cunard Line offer some of the best world cruise options in the industry and the 2016 programme is as impressive as always. Queen Mary 2 will embark on a full world-circumnavigation for the first time since 2009, Queen Elizabeth will showcase 15 maiden port calls and Queen Victoria will offer a 120-night class world voyage taking in some of the best and most popular ports in 22 different countries.
Cunard 2016 World Cruise Voyages
Queen Mary 2
With eight maiden calls during her 120-night westbound voyage via South America and the Suez Canal. Queen Mary 2 will visit 38 ports of call in 26 countries, travelling more than 41,000 nautical miles.
Destination highlights include her first crossing of the South Pacific, featuring a sail-by of Easter Island and visits to the Polynesian paradise islands of Papeete and Moorea. Additionally, guests will have the opportunity to take in breath-taking views of Beagle Channel and Magellan Straits when sailing around Cape Horn. Queen Mary 2 will also travel through the iconic Suez Canal.
Overnight calls include: Rio de Janeiro, Punta del Este, Sydney and Dubai.
Queen Mary 2 Segment voyages include:
- 22-day Valparaiso to Sydney
- 22-day Dubai to Southampton
- 20-day Hong Kong to Dubai
- 18-day Sydney to Hong Kong
- 16-day New York to Rio de Janeiro
- 16-day Brisbane to Hong Kong
- 15-day Rio de Janeiro to Valparaiso
- 13-day Fort Lauderdale to Rio de Janeiro
- 11-day Singapore to Dubai
- 10-day Southampton to Fort Lauderdale
- 9-day Hong Kong to Singapore
- 7-day Southampton to New York
Queen Victoria offers guests the opportunity to experience the classic World Voyage – a westbound circumnavigation of the globe with nine maiden calls during its 120-night exploration. Visiting 37 ports of call in 22 countries, Queen Victoria will sail more than 40,000 nautical miles over the course of her journey. She will pass through the iconic Panama Canal, as well as provide scenic cruising in Milford Sound, part of New Zealand’s incredible Fjordland national park.
Overnight calls include: San Francisco, Sydney and Cape Town.
Queen Victoria Exotic Cruise Segments include:
- 24-day Hong Kong to Cape Town
- 21-day San Francisco to Sydney
- 21-day Sydney to Hong Kong
- 18-day Cape Town to Southampton
- 16-day Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco
- 12-day Southampton to Fort Lauderdale
- 8-day Round trip Sydney
- 4-day Hong Kong to Singapore
Queen Elizabeth will embark on a 121-night voyage that spans 42 ports of call in 25 countries during her East-West sail through destinations in the Far East and Asia. The Queen Elizabeth World Cruise will explore the ancient cultures of Japan, Korea and China as well as Malaysia, Vietnam and the Philippines over the course of 36,000 nautical miles.
Her visit to Japan is perfectly timed to give guests the best chance to see the breath-taking cherry trees in full bloom. Destination highlights also include a transit through the Suez Canal and the Dardanelles, where guests may visit the historic sites of Aqaba and Istanbul.
Overnight calls will include: Cape Town (double overnight), Sydney and Singapore.
Segment voyages aboard Queen Elizabeth include:
- 25-day Cape Town to Sydney
- 23-day Dubai to Southampton
- 18-day Sydney to Hong Kong
- 18-day Hong Kong to Dubai
- 17-day Southampton to Cape Town
- 15-day Yokohama to Singapore
- 13-day Singapore to Dubai
- 12-day Hong Kong to Osaka
- 10-day Hong Kong to Yokohama
- 10-day Yokohama to Hong Kong
- 8-day Osaka to Hong Kong
- 5-day Hong Kong to Singapore
For more information on the Cunard 2016 world voyage programme, please call one of our Cruise Experts on 0800 008 6677