Crystal Symphony Is Back Following Her $20 Million Redesign
Crystal Cruises, Crystal Symphony is back from her two-week, $20 million-plus drydock redesign and she looks fabulous inside and out.
Crystal Cruises unveiled Crystal Symphony’s new look on September 27, as guests embarked on an eight-day Hamburg-Lisbon voyage, greeted by contemporary and elegant new designs in the Crystal Plaza and adjacent Crystal Cove Bar area. The five-star vessel now also boasts a unique experience, a new outdoor “Fitness Garden” spanning three aft decks; top of the line indoor fitness equipment; redesigned spa and casino spaces; additional PURE allergy-friendly staterooms; and technological upgrades throughout the ship.
Highlights Crystal Symphony’s redesign include:
- Fitness spaces – A brand new outdoor Fitness Garden was added to decks 7, 8 and 12 aft, featuring a “Curated Self-Guided Movement Journey” utilizing the glass-blasted, stainless steel equipment, with adjustments for virtually every fitness level. Deck 12’s indoor Fitness Center boasts new equipment from Technogym -- the official choice for Olympic and World Cup competitors – including brand new cardio equipment plus an expanded collection of Technogym’s Kinesis™ strength training equipment. This new addition makes Crystal an industry-first to feature the top of the line Artis equipment at sea. The new indoor fitness experience is the most technologically-advanced available with an intuitive, tablet-like Unity™ interface programming system enabling guests to connect to music, data, workout-tracking, or TV-watching.
- Crystal Plaza – The main lobby area (including the Reception, Front Desk, and Concierge sections), and the bustling “hub” on board, boasts added drama with a new towering waterfall, a rich colour palette of indigo and bronze, bespoke carpets, new upholstery and tables for fresh flowers complementing the existing marble floors and wood balustrade and stair details. Contemporary Designer Christopher Farr was commissioned to design and supply a hand tufted signature rug, and a pair of contemporary tapestries found behind the Reception area, creating lasting first impressions for guests as they embark on their journey.
- Cove Bar – New and up-cycled furniture, contrasting indigo and cream colour palette, artwork and metal-work cocktail tables reflect an elegant luxury yacht setting, while a revised layout allows for more social group seating and places the bar as the centerpiece of the new space. New sculptural furniture pieces, drapery, artwork, and a large scale custom carpet design reflect a fluid and flowing design concept, and carry the design across the space.
- Stateroom upgrades –48 newly converted PURE hypoallergenic luxury staterooms are now available on the ship, offering a comprehensive, chemical- and odour-free indoor environment solution. With a state-of-the-art medical grade air purifier discreetly installed to filter out 99.9% of all airborne impurities on an ongoing basis, guests can expect relief from allergies and more sound sleep, thus enhancing the overall relaxation and recuperation expected from a vacation.
- Spa and Salon – Colourful new tiles adorn the steam room and changing areas in the men’s and women’s spa facilities, while the salon has been upgraded with a new pedicure area and wall coverings.
- Casino – The port side wall was removed to create a more open, accessible space, showcasing a modified layout, and new slot machines.
- The Bistro – New seating and décor reflects a European bistro in a modern way, bringing fresh life to one of the most popular meeting and dining spots on the ship.
- Tech upgrades – New digital signage will display important cruise and programming details throughout the ship on 14 flat screen monitors near the ship’s lounges, theatres, dining and sales areas.
- Indoor & outdoor refreshments – Deck 10 staterooms and Penthouses now sport new veranda furniture, while carpets for all deluxe staterooms (415 in all), as well as guest corridors on four decks, were replaced.
- Shopping – Facets now features watches from luxury designers Hublot, Jaegar LeCoulture and Zenith.
Crystal Cruises is the world’s leading luxury cruise provider, having earned more “World’s Best” awards than any other cruise line, hotel, or resort in history.
For more information on cruises with Crystal Cruises, then please call one of our Cruise Experts on 0800 008 6677