Crystal Cruises Expands You Care We Care Excursion Programme
Crystal Cruises is expanding its 2014 You Care, We Care voluntourism programme, continuing its commitment to give back to its global cruise destinations.
Via three new complimentary shore-side aid opportunities, guests and crew onboard Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity can help animals, the environment and orphans in the Channel Islands, Iceland and Ghana:
- Guernsey Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, St Peter Port, Channel Islands - support operations, whether it be mucking out the horse stalls or simply walking rescue dogs. (Available with 1st, 17th and 31 st August cruises.)
- Heidmork Nature Reserve, Reykjavic, Iceland - with guidance from a local forestologist, aid conservation efforts by planting trees to protect the volcanic land from erosion. (Available with 1 st, 6th and 13th June cruises.)
- Father’s Home Care Ministries, Takoradi, Ghana - help construct a building or clean the playground at a home and guidance centre for vulnerable, neglected and disadvantaged children. (Available with 28th March cruise.)
Via dozens of You Care, We Care excursions, Crystal volunteers will be providing assistance to more than 15 communities in 2014, aiding:
· Animal rescue organisations in Barcelona and Bergen
· Park conservation efforts in Honolulu and near Belfast
· Disadvantaged youths in/near Boston, Singapore, Sihanoukville and Durban, South Africa
· Disabled and underprivileged adults in Halifax, Livorno, Tallinn and Valencia
Crystal’s You Care, We Care programme was launched in 2011, with at least one volunteer excursion planned for every cruise. Crystal covers all logistical arrangements and costs for participation.