Crystal Cruises Expands Voluntourism Opportunities on 2014 Serenity World Cruise
Crystal Cruises’ guests will have more opportunities to give back locally during Crystal Serenity’s 89-night 2014 World Cruise. With an expanded You Care, We Care programme.
The “You Care, We Care programme has aided more than 50 in-need communities across the globe since its launch in 2011 and has proven to be incredibly popular with both guests and crew wanting to get involved. Those who volunteer can help underprivileged children, the eco-system or a local memorial, in Hawaii, Asia and Africa, with Crystal Cruises covering all costs.
Assistance opportunities include:
· Gardening and weeding Honolulu’s Makapu’u Beach to help preserve dwindling native plant life.
· Helping to build structures and clean playgrounds at Father’s Home Care Ministries’ home for disadvantaged children in Takoradi, Ghana.
· Reading to underprivileged children to improve literacy as part of Singapore’s LIFE programme (offered on two World Cruise segments).
· Teaching, singing, gardening and playing with orphans in Sihanoukville, Cambodia.
· Preparing meals, babysitting or reading to the abandoned, abused, neglected or orphaned children of Baphumelele Children’s Home near Cape Town, South Africa.
· Crafting the commemorative candles to be lit at Nagasaki’s annual Peace Ceremony, in remembrance of the lives lost to WWII’s atomic bomb.
· Engaging in the day-to-day programmes (knitting, gardening, schoolwork etc) of the orphaned children raised and cared for by families in Durban’s SOS Children’s Village.
Philip Ordever, Crystal Cruises vice president of international sales and marketing said “Our You Care, We Care participants have enjoyed experiencing these destinations in such an intimate, interactive and compassionate way.”
“They love seeing facets of a culture not usually visited on a luxury holiday, and return to the ship feeling like they may have made a difference, however small or large. Just a few hours together can be incredibly informative, enriching and so memorable, for both the recipients and those giving.”
The Crystal Serenity world cruise departs Los Angeles on January 18 2014. Ports of call on the voyage include Hong Kong, Singapore, Cape Town, Durban, Jakarta, Luanda, Agadir, Lisbon, Oahu and Tokyo.
To view the cruise itinerary in full please click here
The “You Care, We Care” programme is a unique opportunity to really give something back to those that need it the most. To learn more about the programme and Crystal Cruises please give one of our cruise experts a call on 0800 008 6677.