American Queen Steamboat Company 2014 Bourbon and Bluegrass
The American Queen Steamboat Company, owner of the largest riverboat in the world, is proud to announce its exciting new Bourbon and Bluegrass itineraries beginning in August 2014 between St. Louis, Missouri and Cincinnati, Ohio.
The nine-day journey offers guests the chance to experience a dynamic blend of history, music and the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, with tours to renowned distilleries and celebrated ports.
Ports included are: Cape Girardeau, Missouri| Paducah, Kentucky| Henderson, Kentucky | Louisville, Kentucky | Madison, Indiana
Taking place on two dates, August 29th and September 5th, the Bourbon & Bluegrass voyages will feature distilleries from the makers of Jim Beam, Buffalo Trace, and Heaven Hill. Famous bourbon makers will also be onboard to present and reveal their finest creations.
Highlights of the trip include:
- Included pre-cruise hotel stay in St. Louis, Missouri. or Cincinnati, Ohio, depending upon the departure.
- Onboard Bluegrass Acts featuring Rhonda Vincent and the Rage and Storefront Congregation.
- Multiple Lecturers and tasting opportunities from Four Roses Bourbon, Buffalo Trace Distillery, Heaven Hill Distilleries and other Kentucky bourbons.
- Distillery Tours on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail where 95% of all bourbon is made.
- Premium touring opportunities to the Bluegrass Hall Of Fame and International Bluegrass Music Museum in Owensboro, Ky.
- Barbeque luncheon at My Old Kentucky Home in Bardstown, Ky.
- Daily open jam sessions in the “Pickin’ Parlors” for anyone wishing to join in on the fun.
- Exclusive “Moonshine Matinee” deck party on the Ohio River. Featuring outdoor bar barbeque, moonshine lectures on the art and history of moonshine making, festival style Bluegrass and moonshine tasting.
All journeys include a one-night pre-voyage hotel stay, shore tours in all ports, complimentary wine and beer with dinner and a host of other amenities.
For more information please call one of our cruise experts on 0800 008 6677