AmaWaterways Announce Jewish Heritage Theme Cruises
AmaWaterways has announced four Jewish Heritage theme cruises for 2014 that will give guests the opportunity to explore the history of Jewish culture in Europe.
AmaWaterways presents a unique opportunity to experience Jewish heritage, culture and history in Europe. The ‘Jewish Heritage’ collection centres on tradition and monuments dedicated to conserving the Jewish legacy in the region.
The selected 2014 cruises are unique and an ideal opportunity to learn more about Jewish history at some of the most historic Jewish sites in Europe.
Complimentary tours will include visits to Jewish landmarks, Jewish districts and Synagogues. An expert guide will lead the tours, which will be open to all. The Jewish Heritage tours are offered in addition to the voyages regularly scheduled shore excursions.
Jewish Heritage tours include:
- Entrance to the Dohany Street Synagogue in Budapest, the second-largest synagogue in the world. The Temple of Heroes and cemetery also at the Synagogue complex.
- In Bratislava the tour will include a visit to the tomb of Rabbi Chatam Sofer.
- Vienna tours include a visit to the Jewish Museum, Judenplatz and Old Synagogue: Sigmund Freud House, Jewish Cemetery and Jewish Quarter.
- In Regensburg passengers can explore the oldest Jewish Ghetto in Germany, visiting the site of the Regensburg Synagogue, Jewish Cemetery “Judenau” and Oscar Schindler’s House.
- Nuremburg will offer a visit to Court Room 600 at the Nuremberg Palace of Justice, scene of the 1945-49 Nuremberg Trials.
- In Budapest passengers will head to Sankt Stephan Park to see the statues of Raoul Wallenberg and Gabor Sztehlo, both credited with saving thousands of Hungarian Jews during WWII.
There are four selected voyages within the Jewish Heritage collection for 2014, sailing aboard AmaVerde and AmaPrima. We anticipate a high demand for these voyages so would recommend anyone that is interested book early in order to avoid disappointment.
The Jewish Heritage sailings are as follows:
- AmaVerde - Romantic Danube sailing 2nd April 2014
- AmaPrima - Melodies of the Danube sailing 12th August 2014
- AmaPrima - Melodies of the Danube sailing 4th November 2014
- AmaPrima - Blue Danube Discovery sailing 16th November 2014
For more information on these selected voyages please give one of our cruise experts a call on 0800 008 6677