Built in 1989, Silver Explorer has been in operation for nearly 30 years, during which time she has established herself as as one of the world’s leading expedition-orientated cruise ships. As one of the UK’s top-selling agents for Silversea Expeditions, we’re often asked a variety of questions by our clients about Silver Explorer eager to […]
Tag Archives | Silversea Expeditions
Journey to some of the most remote regions on earth with Silversea Expeditions. A voyage with Silversea Expeditions offers everything that you would expect from Silversea Cruises, superb accommodation, fine-dining and modern facilities, but with a much greater focus on destination immersion and discovery than you would normally encounter on a traditional luxury cruise holiday. […]
The Royal Geographical Society (with the Institute of British Geographers), founded nearly 200 years ago to advance geographical science, is to enhance Silversea voyages even further by providing detailed scientific and historical information to guests embarking on some of the greatest journeys around the globe. The Society whose Royal Patron is Queen Elizabeth II, is […]
Silversea cruises are passionate about bringing you closer to the magic and unmistakable thrill of discovering a new, distant destination. With a fleet of five immaculate luxury ships, they sail guests to all four corners of the globe on intriguing and enriching voyages. A voyage with Silversea is an all-inclusive affair – the way luxury […]
The Cruise Line Managing Director, Jos Dewing, travelled to Singapore for the christening of Silversea’s latest addition to the fleet, the 5,218-tonne Silver Discoverer. In April, 2014, Silver Discoverer, the third expedition ship from ultra-luxury pioneer Silversea Cruises will set sail on its maiden voyage to Western Australia and the Northern Territory. I’m going to […]
In our latest blog post Danielle Fear looks ahead to 2015 and chooses three luxury cruise itineraries that really stand out to her. From the dense jungles of Central America to the frozen plains of Greenland and Canada, each voyage offers a combination of in-depth destination-led discovery and a comfortably elegant onboard experience. Three wonderful […]
Jos Dewing explores the world’s greatest journeys by ship If you’ve ever considered Antarctica as a holiday or travel destination, you’ll no doubt have noticed the standard travel company depiction. An over-emphasis on the remote nature of the place, the “end of the world” concept and the wilderness angle. Often, the views of a few […]
5 amazing cruises with Silversea in 2015 To celebrate the launch of Silversea’s 2015 Voyage Collection we have hand-picked five itineraries that we believe offer something extra special. Silver Shadow – South America Departing on January 7 2015, Silver Shadow shall sail a 62-day itinerary roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale. Highlights of this cruise include a […]
As Director of Expeditions for Silversea Expeditions, Conrad Combrink surely has one of the most enviable jobs in the cruise industry. Not only does he have the opportunity to explore some of the world’s most captivatingly beautiful regions first-hand, but he gets to use these experiences to design and plan itineraries for Silversea’s guests to […]
Putting a cruise-related spin on a Christmas classic, we’ve put our heads together and come up with 12 great cruise itineraries for 2013 This week we wanted to do something slightly different and Christmas themed. Rather than just blast through a bunch of great festive destinations or recommended Christmas cruises, we decided to put a […]
- Enjoying The Luxury Gap 17/08/2017
- Cruising’s Most Splendid Day 10/08/2017
- How About A ‘Virtual Cruise’? 03/08/2017
- Around The World In Days, And Days, And Days! 27/07/2017
- Silver Explorer FAQ 25/07/2017
- You Know Who Does Classic Cruising? Disney Does Classic Cruising 20/07/2017
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- Treadwell & Tenny: We quite like that. Has the ring of history to it....
- Jean palmer: New ship name victory...
- Vera Veness: Have a heart, I love those animals. Not too enamo...
- Treadwell: I promise you, Tenny still has plenty of spring in...
- Vera: I think Tenny should remember how old he is. No s...
- Treadwell & Tenny: The very same, darling. Definitely our trademark :...