In many ways, 1965 was a watershed year for Britain. Winston Churchill died. The Beatles played their final full UK tour. Mary Quant introduced the mini-skirt. The Magic Roundabout made its debut on TV. And Thomson Holidays was born. Mini skirts still, of course, exist, albeit usually in fashions that can best be described as […]
Tag Archives | Cruise
Oceania Cruises has just released eight BRAND NEW Summer offers on selected Baltic, Mediterranean and Africa voyages departing this summer – some of which have UK departures – and we have availability on all of them! The selection of the voyages featured in today’s blog include flights, gratuities and a Prestige Drinks Package which is […]
The Cruise Line guest blogger, Anthony Nicholas returns today with a wonderful insight into the world of paddle wheeler cruising aboard the simply gorgeous, American Queen. She looks like something straight out of a novel about Huckleberry Finn. Deck after deck rising up straight, white and symmetrical, like the tiers of a giant wedding cake. […]
Need help choosing your next luxury cruise? With so many different choices out there it can be incredibly difficult to decide which cruise line and ultimately which cruise ship to pick for your ideal cruise holiday, but maybe we can help! We introduced an online quiz a few months ago simply titled “the luxury cruise […]
Looking for reasons to book your 2013 cruise early? Anthony Nicholas is on hand to help… With 2013 a reality and the cruise lines flooding the media with a bewildering array of offers and incentives, it is sometimes really easy to forget some of the simpler, more practical reasons for booking your cruise or fly […]
How long is too long when it comes to leaving a deckchair unoccupied? Whether you’re by a pool in a holiday resort or on the deck of a cruise ship, there are few things more frustrating than traipsing up and down a line of deckchairs and sun-loungers only to find most of them ‘claimed’ with […]
Over the years cruise lines have spanned all four corners of the world to bring you just about any destination your heart desires. In fact, you can now go so many places on a cruise that it’s hard to know where to go next. At The Cruise Line, we’re always on the look out for […]
Have you ever wondered what the dining room on the Star Clipper looks like? Well wonder no more: Quite nice isn’t it? This is probably a good time to mention that in 2012 Star Clippers will be offering Baltic cruises for the first time with the first of these departing from Southampton. All cruises […]
At The Cruise Line we’re often asked “what’s the best way to get a job on a cruise ship?” Being a cruise travel agent , we’re not actually in a position to be able to offer jobs with cruise lines so we thought we’d help you out a little bit by putting up some information […]
- Name That Line! 12/10/2017
- Playing Favourites 28/09/2017
- Don’t be THAT Cruiser 21/09/2017
- Return To Cartagena 14/09/2017
- Weigh Anchor – And Retire! 07/09/2017
- The Wonders of Norway 31/08/2017
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- Treadwell & Tenny: We quite like that. Has the ring of history to it....
- Jean palmer: New ship name victory...
- Vera Veness: Have a heart, I love those animals. Not too enamo...
- Treadwell: I promise you, Tenny still has plenty of spring in...
- Vera: I think Tenny should remember how old he is. No s...
- Treadwell & Tenny: The very same, darling. Definitely our trademark :...