Cruising’s Most Splendid Day As our regular readers will know, Treadwell and Tenny are currently landbound, denied their usual ocean-going habitat by capricious circumstances that have confined us to T&T Towers for the immediate future, bereft of the whiff of ozone, marooned. We are therefore taking an alternative view of our favourite maritime status, looking […]
Archive | Cunard RSS feed for this section
Heavy weather at sea is no joke. It ruins the pool-side ambience and threatens to upset the contents of our cocktails (not to mention the stomachs of those less conditioned to nautical travels). It often cancels port-calls – notably on our most recent Caribbean jaunt, when it was just too damn lively to tender ashore […]
Sailing from Southampton to New York aboard Queen Mary 2 had been a dream of mine for quite some time and finally, in July 2016, I embarked on my first ever transatlantic voyage with Cunard to New York City. It wouldn’t be my first, however, as I was also booked to sail back to Southampton on […]
Cunard’s Queen Mary 2 is the world’s only true ocean liner and encompassed in her graceful lines are fifteen restaurants and bars, five swimming pools, a full-sized theatre, a casino, and a world famous Canyon Ranch SpaClub®. She has the largest dance floor at sea in the Queens Room, a 3D cinema, a planetarium – […]
The only thing better than boarding one of Cunard’s Queens is boarding and finding yourself in one of the luxurious Grill suites and for my 3-night cruise I found myself in a Princess Grill Suite on Deck 4. There’s something incredibly special about cruising with Cunard, after all, not many cruise lines in the world […]
In October 2015, our Marketing Executive Lee paid a visit to Cunard‘s Queen Elizabeth during one of her turnaround days in Southampton. Lee joined The Cruise Line just a few months ago and his visit to Queen Elizabeth was rather special, as it was the first time that he had ever set foot aboard a […]
Queen Mary 2 is the only ocean liner in the world that offers a regular service between Southampton and New York City. It is an iconic route steeped in hundreds of years of history and one that to this day still remains a popular form of travel between the U.K. and the U.S.A. As this is […]
Cunard Line Celebrates 175 Anniversary in Liverpool Cunard recently celebrated its 175th anniversary in Liverpool, it was quite an event and over one million people turned out to see the three Queens arrive and perform their ‘Riverdance’. In our blog today, we wanted to share with you some facts and figures from the event – […]
Cunard Line has announced a very special 5-night sailing to mark Queen Elizabeth’s fifth birthday, where guests will be invited to take to the dance floor for a Big Band Ball on her voyage departing Southampton on October 2nd. Originating from America in the 1920s, the Big Band phenomena took the world by storm, as […]
The thought of a world cruise with Cunard really does make me light up with excitement. Of course a world cruise with any line would be a thrilling adventure, but the idea of experiencing that adventure via an elegant and timeless vessel such as Queen Mary 2 is far more appealing to me. Picture the […]
- Name That Line! 12/10/2017
- Playing Favourites 28/09/2017
- Don’t be THAT Cruiser 21/09/2017
- Return To Cartagena 14/09/2017
- Weigh Anchor – And Retire! 07/09/2017
- The Wonders of Norway 31/08/2017
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- Treadwell & Tenny: We quite like that. Has the ring of history to it....
- Jean palmer: New ship name victory...
- Vera Veness: Have a heart, I love those animals. Not too enamo...
- Treadwell: I promise you, Tenny still has plenty of spring in...
- Vera: I think Tenny should remember how old he is. No s...
- Treadwell & Tenny: The very same, darling. Definitely our trademark :...