WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CRUISE? It’s a question we’ve heard over and over again. Sometimes from friends, but usually from friends of friends, the ones who have yet to cruise and are keen to pick our brains about the best voyage for them. It’s the obvious query, but it doesn’t make it any easier to […]
Archive | Cruise Reviews RSS feed for this section
You Know Who Does Classic Cruising? Disney Does Classic Cruising We’ve been called snobs, bores, oddballs and the ‘holier-than-thou’ couple. It’s the cross we bear for being cruise regulars in an era of mass-market sailing. People who have just ‘discovered’ cruise ships think they have somehow ‘invented’ cruising, and we take great delight in pointing […]
The morning of June 10 2016 started very early, but there would be a cruise ship waiting at the end of it, so it was worth it. My flight was scheduled to leave at 06.15 – meaning a 04.15 meet at Gatwick Airport with my fellow travel agents. Ten of us, including a representative from Voyages […]
Sailing from Southampton to New York aboard Queen Mary 2 had been a dream of mine for quite some time and finally, in July 2016, I embarked on my first ever transatlantic voyage with Cunard to New York City. It wouldn’t be my first, however, as I was also booked to sail back to Southampton on […]
In December 2015, Paul Andrews, one of our Cruise Experts, embarked on a Hurtigruten Arctic Highlights Educational voyage to the far north of Norway. This was his journey… We met at Birmingham International Airport on a rather chilly December morning, to board our charter flight to Tromso, Norway, operated by Germania Airlines. There were only […]
In April, our Marketing Executive Lee embarked on a river cruise with Tauck. It was quite a notable experience as not only was it Lee’s first time with Tauck, it was also his very first cruise! It’s fair to say that he had a good time and returned home with some wonderful stories, so we […]
A voyage with Crystal Cruises is a very special thing indeed. To step aboard one of the finest cruise ships in the world and know you don’t have to leave after just a few hours really is an incredible feeling. I recently embarked Crystal Symphony to experience the life of luxury with Crystal Cruises and […]
Seven Seas Mariner Review – July 2015 The Cruise Line’s Sales & Marketing Manager David Smith shares with us some of the highlights of his recent cruise aboard the stunning Seven Seas Mariner. In early July I was lucky enough to be invited onto the first 4 nights of Seven Seas Mariner’s Spanish Zeal voyage. Ship visits […]
In April 2015, Beverly Hobbs, one of our luxury cruise experts, joined Seven Seas Mariner on a short voyage from Rome to Athens. This is her Seven Seas Mariner review. I boarded Seven Seas Mariner in Civitavecchia after a 2 hour flight from Gatwick and a short transfer from Rome. The transfer time was actually […]
I recently had the pleasure of spending a few hours aboard Oceania Cruises Nautica, and I wanted to share my first Oceania Cruises experience with you. She was in port on her British Isles voyage and with glorious weather, and the majority of her guests ashore, it was the ideal opportunity to get onboard and […]
- Name That Line! 12/10/2017
- Playing Favourites 28/09/2017
- Don’t be THAT Cruiser 21/09/2017
- Return To Cartagena 14/09/2017
- Weigh Anchor – And Retire! 07/09/2017
- The Wonders of Norway 31/08/2017
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- Treadwell & Tenny: We quite like that. Has the ring of history to it....
- Jean palmer: New ship name victory...
- Vera Veness: Have a heart, I love those animals. Not too enamo...
- Treadwell: I promise you, Tenny still has plenty of spring in...
- Vera: I think Tenny should remember how old he is. No s...
- Treadwell & Tenny: The very same, darling. Definitely our trademark :...