Did you catch last week’s Royal news? Apparently, Prince Phillip will no longer perform official functions. It begs the question, how will anyone tell the difference? But the Old Boy has probably earned his ‘retirement.’ After all, there aren’t many 95-year-olds still on active duty, even if they do have footmen to hold them up […]
Archive | Cruise Funnies RSS feed for this section
Fed up with the election yet? Yes, we thought so. If we hear a politician start the phrase “I believe in…” one more time while speaking with all the energy of a dead AA battery, we will run screaming from the house. Yes, we all know Theresa May is an “unelected leader,” but we don’t […]
We tend to avoid shore excursions, like the plague, in the same way we avoid gross generalisations and clichés. But sometimes they are a necessary evil. Treadwell tends to get huffy that her personal space is being invaded if someone just walks by the cabin, so having to spend several hours in a coach with […]
To look at a lot of the new tonnage hitting the waterways of the world these days, you’d think that most of the bally cruise lines are hooked on the old adage that says ‘The bigger, the better,’ and that truly is frightful nonsense. Yes, we understand ‘economies of scale’ and ‘high yields’ and even […]
If there is one word that is usually guaranteed to shiver our timbers and get the Treadwell and Tenny household gnashing its nautical teeth in anguish, it is the one that is the most over-used in the whole cruising lexicon – and which should get people banned from ever writing about it again. Princess Cruises […]
A press release arrived on our sun-lounger this week. Well, not exactly the sun-lounger itself, but the tablet gizmo thingy that Treadwell has taken to using instead of the laptop. Frightfully useful gadget compared to lugging a 20lb steam-powered ‘portable computer’ around. Portable? Hah! If Hannibal had been equipped with them, he’d have needed a […]
10 Reasons WHY We Cruise It’s a perennial refrain we hear at regular intervals from friends and acquaintances who simply don’t get it. There they are, laying on a beach in St Vincent, or Cannes, or, god forbid, Blackpool, and they have the nerve to ask us, “But why would you go on another cruise?” […]
A Not-So-Magic Carpet Ride They’re at it again, you know. No sooner do we turn our back on the modern cruise designers than they come up with some new devilry, otherwise known as a cruise ship gimmick. It seems like only a few weeks ago (it was – Ed.) that we were bemoaning the fact […]
This is a drill Our latest voyage hadn’t officially gotten under way and already I was distinctly warm under the collar. And not because of the Caribbean swelter. It was an hour to departure and there we were, shuffling along amid an orange-hued horde all jostling for a few square feet of their own on […]
FROM HERE TO MATERNITY Tenny and I understand the appeal of a beach day, lounging with a drink in hand and paddling in the sea. But just occasionally the process of getting there can take an uncomfortable turn toward moral failure, like the time we boarded a tender for the 10-minute trip over to Grand […]
- Name That Line! 12/10/2017
- Playing Favourites 28/09/2017
- Don’t be THAT Cruiser 21/09/2017
- Return To Cartagena 14/09/2017
- Weigh Anchor – And Retire! 07/09/2017
- The Wonders of Norway 31/08/2017
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Name That Line! 12/10/2017
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- Treadwell & Tenny: Aha! Great insight, Gun Ainm. We could only find ...
- Gun Ainm: As a Scottish Gaelic speaker I've been asked abou...
- Treadwell & Tenny: We quite like that. Has the ring of history to it....
- Jean palmer: New ship name victory...
- Vera Veness: Have a heart, I love those animals. Not too enamo...
- Treadwell: I promise you, Tenny still has plenty of spring in...