With ten decks full of refined style and fantastic facilities, Holland America’s Volendam is a fabulous choice for anyone wanting to combine warmth and intimacy with a real sense of style. At 61,000 tons and some 781 feet long, the Volendam is big enough to provide a safe, adventurous base from which to visit some amazing destinations, yet human enough in size and scale to create an air of casual ease and relaxation.
The Volendam cruises the exotic waters of the Far East and Australia during the winter, and is often to be found in Alaska during the summer, with occasional voyages out to the gorgeous Hawaiian Islands.
Cabins are large and extremely comfortable for the size of the ship, ranging from comfortable insides to deluxe suites. Service throughout the ship is unobtrusive and unfailingly gracious, provided by a hand picked Indonesian and Filipino staff renowned worldwide for their warmth and hospitality.
With open decks and pools aplenty on the outside, and a stellar range of public rooms inside that feature priceless works of art, the Volendam is a stylish, serene, well served alternative to the larger, more impersonal mega ships. With a list of services almost as wide ranging as this adventurous ship herself, she is a prime choice for an epic adventure.
The Volendam offers twenty-six grades of accommodation, from standard inside cabins to deluxe penthouse veranda suites. The different grades are as outlined below. All have shower, WC, and two lower beds convertible to a double, also flat screen TV/DVD combination.
- Eight grades of inside cabins, all with small sitting area at around 182 sq. ft
- Eleven grades, all with sitting area and bathtub. Grade HH has fully obstructed views in all cabins. All Grade DD cabins have partially obstructed views. From around 197 sq. ft
- Five grades of suite with furnished private veranda, queen size bed, whirlpool bath, min bar and refrigerator. Grade A has additional sofa bed Around 284-292 sq. ft with veranda
Deluxe veranda suites
- Grade S As above, but includes larger sitting area and dressing room, plus larger veranda. Around 556-563 sq. ft including veranda
Penthouse veranda suite
- 1,126 to 1,159 sq. ft with veranda. Dining room with private pantry, oversized whirlpool bath and much larger, furnished veranda.
- All accommodation designated as suites have use of a private concierge lounge
- Large, forward facing two story main lounge for production shows and cabaret performances
- Bars and lounges featuring different kinds of music for pre and post dinner dancing and listening
- Occasional comedy acts and magicians
- Late night disco
- Wajang Theatre and culinary arts centre
- Two pools- one with sliding glass roof- and two whirlpools
- Upper deck fitness complex with gymnasium, sauna, health and beauty treatments and forward facing thermal suite
- Elegant, forward facing Crow’s Nest observation lounge
- Explorer’s café
- Main two storey dining room for breakfast, lunch and two sitting dinner, plus select dining during evening service
- Seaview Pinnacle Grill with outstanding food each evening at additional supplement
- Lido café for casual breakfast, dinner or lunch indoors or alfresco dining
- Library and internet facilities
- Card room
- Shopping arcade and photo gallery
|31 May 2017||Roundtrip Vancouver||7 days||Volendam|
|3 Jun 2017||Skagway to Vancouver||4 days||Volendam|
|7 Jun 2017||Roundtrip Vancouver||7 days||Volendam|
|14 Jun 2017||Roundtrip Vancouver||7 days||Volendam|
|21 Jun 2017||Roundtrip Vancouver||7 days||Volendam|
|28 Jun 2017||Roundtrip Vancouver||7 days||Volendam|
|5 Jul 2017||Roundtrip Vancouver||7 days||Volendam|
|12 Jul 2017||Roundtrip Vancouver||7 days||Volendam|
|19 Jul 2017||Roundtrip Vancouver||7 days||Volendam|
|26 Jul 2017||Roundtrip Vancouver||7 days||Volendam|
|29 Jul 2017||Skagway to Vancouver||4 days||Volendam|
|2 Aug 2017||Roundtrip Vancouver||7 days||Volendam|
|5 Aug 2017||Skagway to Vancouver||4 days||Volendam|
|9 Aug 2017||Roundtrip Vancouver||7 days||Volendam|
|16 Aug 2017||Roundtrip Vancouver||7 days||Volendam|