This wonderful, pioneering ship from 1994 showcased the company’s signature standards of excellence; all suite accommodation ranging from 240 to a palatial 1,314 sq. ft, all inclusive pricing including unlimited wines, spirits and a stocked in-suite bar.
Like her sister ship, the Silver Wind, the entertainment is low key, but of high quality, with extensive lecture enrichment programmes and on shore programmes tailored to meet the high-end guest list on board. Cuisine is simply outstanding, whether taken in the open seating Restaurant, the stunning Terrace Grill or, for more exalted samplings, the ultra chic Le Champagne.
The boutique size of the ship makes her able to enter smaller, more secluded ports that larger ships must bypass. With a capacity of 296 guests served by a crew of 230, service is exemplary and deft throughout the ship as is the standard with any Silversea Cruises' vessel.
Fine quality fixtures and fittings extend throughout the entire ship. Elegant Italian marble, polished brass and hand crafted fabrics give the Silver Cloud a beautiful, European feel.
Spa facilities are extensive and well thought out, and attention to detail and guests alike are, without doubt, two of the highlights of sailing aboard this stunning, gracious ship. No gratuities are ever expected; all are included in the fare.
Silver Cloud Accommodation
Silver Cloud offers the following grades of accommodation
- Vista suite with full bath and shower, no balcony, large picture window
- Veranda suite; as above, but with private teak veranda
- Midships Veranda: as above, but with preferred location amidships
- Silver Suite; more expansive living and dining areas, with larger veranda
- Royal Suite; extensive living space with forward facing private terrace, typically with Jacuzzi bath
- Grand Suite: larger, two bedroom configuration of the Royal Suite, with additional side balcony
- Owner’s Suite; More central location, again with larger living space and extensive balcony terrace
All suites include:
- Two lower beds convertible to a queen size bed, many with a sofa bed ideal for a third guest
- Marble bathroom with bath and shower combination, stocked with top quality Bvlgari toiletries
- 24 hour in room menu and order- in options from the main restaurant
- Teak balcony with chairs and a small table (not Vista Suites) accessed via sliding glass doors
- Twice daily maid service and evening turndown
- DVD and CD player in entertainment centre
- Welcome champagne, plus bar stocked to guest’s preference
- Plush bathrobes, and bed sheets with high thread count
Silver Cloud Dining Options
Open seating dining between 7 and 9 each evening with extensive, epicurean menus offering multiple choices, plus the ability to order off- menu. Dance floor also allows some elegant dinner dances on some evenings.
Sumptuous buffet breakfast and lunch area, with beautiful terrace overlooking the sea, and many items cooked to order with constant, attentive waiter service. Doubles at night as La Terrazza, serving authentic Italian cuisine amid the glow of warm candle light.
Intimate, exclusive evening venue that hosts specially themed meals, with wines perfectly paired to each course, and presented in an immaculate setting.
Outdoors, located near the main pool, this casual eatery serves up traditional favourites such as burgers, mini steaks and fries for most of the day.
Silver Cloud Entertainment
Main show lounge: a two storey high stern facing auditorium, hosting Cole Porter and Gershwin reviews and recitals in a relaxed atmosphere.
Panorama Lounge: an upper level lounge bar with indoor and outdoor seating, featuring occasional dance music and, on two or three nights a week, a late night disco.
The Bar: main social hub of the ship with sweeping views out to sea, and piano music before and after dinner most evenings.
Silver Cloud Facilities
- Extensively stocked library and internet room
- Beauty salon offering various treatments
- Forward facing upper deck fitness centre
- Upscale boutique
- Small, highly styled casino
- Exclusive spa
- One outdoor pool
- Twin hot tubs
Silver Cloud Images
Silver Cloud Cruises
|29 Jul 2017||Copenhagen, Denmark to Stockholm, Sweden||10 days||Silver Cloud|
|8 Aug 2017||Baltic - Stockholm to Copenhagen||10 days||Silver Cloud|
|15 Nov 2017||Buenos Aires, Argentina to Ushuaia, Argentina||16 days||Silver Cloud|
|1 Dec 2017||Ushuaia, Argentina to Ushuaia, Argentina||10 days||Silver Cloud|
|11 Dec 2017||Ushuaia, Argentina to Ushuaia, Argentina||10 days||Silver Cloud|
|21 Dec 2017||Antarctica - Ushuaia Roundtrip||18 days||Silver Cloud|
|9 Jan 2018||Ushuaia to Ushuaia||10 days||Silver Cloud|
|29 Jan 2018||Ushuaia, Argentina Roundtrip||10 days||Silver Cloud|
|11 Apr 2018||Tema to Lisbon||16 days||Silver Cloud|
|27 Apr 2018||Lisbon, Portugal to London (Tower Bridge)||12 days||Silver Cloud|
|2 Jun 2018||London to Leith||10 days||Silver Cloud|
|24 Jun 2018||Longyearbyen to Kristiansund||12 days||Silver Cloud|
|6 Jul 2018||Kristiansund to Longyearbyen||12 days||Silver Cloud|
|18 Aug 2018||Kangerlussuaq Roundtrip||16 days||Silver Cloud|
|3 Sep 2018||Kangerlussuaq to St John's||15 days||Silver Cloud|