MV Funchal is a rare find; a sleek, jewel like gem that harks back to the great ocean liners of old, with a classic, balanced profile and a hull deep enough to make her a good sea boat. Almost awash with old world courtesy and charm, Funchal will take you back on a voyage to the classic era of glamorous ocean sojourns courtesy of Classic International Cruises.
Once the private yacht of the Portuguese president, she measures in at a little over 9,500 tons, and is a compact 153 metres long. Six decks accommodate some 430 passengers, looked after by a crew of 155.
The lido deck that surrounds the aft outdoor pool is beautifully furnished and, like the rest of the ship, it is impeccably maintained. Long, sweeping promenades lined with deck chairs invite you to unwind, and take a rest from the superb cuisine featured in both main restaurants.
Funchal is a lively, intimate ship that will captivate anyone with even an ounce of romance in them. Proud and well served, she has all the mod cons a passenger could want, all wrapped up in a beautifully presented gift box that takes passengers on what will be, no doubt, one of the most epic adventures of a lifetime.
MV FUNCHAL ACCOMMODATION
- Total of 222 cabins, 151 outside and 71 inside
- Category 10 suites have picture windows, some lower beds that convert to doubles, TV and fridge in separate sitting area, and private facilities
- All other categories have lower beds (not all convert to a double configuration) and private facilities
- Category 4 cabins are inside, with some that convert lower beds to double, and private facilities
MV FUNCHAL ENTERTAINMENT
- Main show lounge with floor shows, dancing and live entertainment
- Porto bar for pre dinner cocktails with sweeping views out over the bow
- Small, highly styled casino
- Late night disco
MV FUNCHAL FACILITIES
- Two restaurants offering Portuguese and international cuisine
- Lido buffet as an alternative venue for breakfast and lunch
- Beautifully styled pool and lido deck
- Elegant, partially enclosed promenade decks
- Fitness centre
- Two spas
- Card room
- Duty free shop
If you would like more information about the MV Funchal or if you would like to discuss a cruise, please call one of our Cruise Experts on 0800 008 6677.