MV. Black Watch
Originally built for the legendary Royal Viking Line, Black Watch has a deep draught and hull shape that combines to make her an excellent sea boat. At only 28,000 tons, she fosters an air of intimate relaxation and folds in markedly good food and service into the bargain.
In keeping with Fred Olsen Cruise Line's unique style, the open decks are spacious and wide, while the interior flow through the ship is easy and the décor overall is pleasing on the eye. The ship displays her heritage- that of the Black Watch regiment- in numerous badges and memorials through the ship. Tartan carpets in many public rooms give her a distinct Scottish feel.
She boasts many comfortable lounging areas, including a spectacular upper deck observation lounge, plus a range of both formal and casual eateries. Main dining at night is retained at two sittings, which many passengers prefer.
The atmosphere on board is relaxed and unhurried, with little of the glitz and glam of the mega ships. Open deck areas are expansive and immaculate, with some wonderful stern facing terraces that create a ‘real ship’ feel throughout.
Black Watch neatly treads the high wire between intimate and expansive with considerable style and aplomb. Warm rather than wondrous, she is a comfortable base and a welcoming sight at day’s end ashore.
Black Watch Accommodation
Black Watch has twenty different grades of inside and outside cabins, balcony cabins, and suites. All have shower and WC. Individual types are as defined below.
- Inside cabins. Three grades of inside cabins, all around 140 sq. ft. Grade N is designated as single cabins.
- Outside cabins. Eight grades of outside cabins. Grade L is single outside and may have portholes or windows. Around 150 sq. ft. Grade MO- single, 150 sq. ft with portholes only. All other outsides range in size from 160- 200 sq. ft. Many grades have bathtub, some shower only.
- Balcony cabins. Three grades, 150-160 sq. ft come with furnished balconies. Grades K and J are designated as singles
- Junior and premier suites. Six grades are designated as junior suites up through premier and marquee. All have bathtubs, but grades JS and DS do not have balconies. These grades are 240 and 260 sq. ft respectively
- All other suites have private furnished balconies, as well as larger sitting areas and DVD/CD combinations, except Grade BS with balcony only. Marquee suites are 440 sq. ft, premier suites around 550 sq. ft.
Black Watch Entertainment
- Large main show lounge for cabaret, classical and comedy performances
- Cinema showing first run movies
- Numerous lounges and bars offering pre and post dinner dancing, and live music.
- Occasional deck parties
- Comedian and other entertainers on selected sailings
Black Watch Facilities
- Forward facing, horseshoe shaped observation lounge with spectacular sky and seascape views
- Two pools, twin Jacuzzis and two exercise pools
- Main restaurant offering breakfast, lunch and two sitting dinner daily
- Three alternative dining venues, some open at night only
- Outdoor café and upper deck marquee bar and grill
- Library and internet facilities
- Shopping on board
- Card room
- Small cinema
- Fitness centre on upper deck
- Golf driving nets
- Expansive open air promenade decks
MV. Black Watch Images
MV. Black Watch Cruises
|12 Dec 2015||Dublin Mini||3 days||Black Watch|
|18 Dec 2015||Dublin Mini||2 days||Black Watch|
|20 Dec 2015||Canaries Christmas & Funchal Fireworks||16 days||Black Watch|
|5 Jan 2016||Dublin Mini Cruise||3 days||Black Watch|
|8 Jan 2016||World cruise||115 days||Black Watch|
|8 Jan 2016||Southampton to Sydney||56 days||Black Watch|
|4 Mar 2016||Sydney to Southampton||60 days||Black Watch|
|3 May 2016||Scandinavian City Discovery||10 days||Black Watch|
|13 May 2016||Scenic Fjords & Celebrations||8 days||Black Watch|
|21 May 2016||Sun, Sea & Monaco Grand Prix||15 days||Black Watch|
|5 Jun 2016||Scenic Fjords & Waterfalls of Norway||7 days||Black Watch|
|12 Jun 2016||Midnight Sun & the Summer Solstice||13 days||Black Watch|
|25 Jun 2016||Portuguese Islands & Cities||13 days||Black Watch|
|8 Jul 2016||Cruising the Fjordland||9 days||Black Watch|
|17 Jul 2016||Arctic Explorer||26 days||Black Watch|