Balmoral is a beautiful, mid sized ship that was originally built for Royal Cruise Line. She underwent a massive refurbishment for Fred Olsen Cruise Lines, which included the insertion of a large mid -section with a second pool, more balcony cabins, and expanded public areas.
The net result is that the ship kept the best of the old, with some stunning new enhancements. Balmoral’s observatory lounge is still one of the most beautiful afloat, with 360 degree views from several decks high.
The ship is beautifully decorated, with many art deco touches evident in her interiors, while the terraces of the balcony suites on the upper deck are simply huge, and some of the nicest afloat. The new upper deck pool and Jacuzzis provide a welcome alternative to the busy lido area at the stern.
Fred. Olsen retains the traditional two main sittings for meals, and food aboard is uniformly good. There are two additional restaurants as well as the main dining room, and an expansive lido buffet. The line has a particularly attractive range of single cabins at modest supplements.
Balmoral is a comfortable, well run ship with excellent accommodation and a sense of style and spacious elegance that makes a cruise aboard her an adventure to be savoured by all.
Twenty-one grades of inside, outside, balcony cabins and suites on seven decks, all with interactive TV, shower and WC. Not all beds convert to twin. All cabins are sold as non-smoking. Grades are outlined as below.
- Five grades of inside cabins. Two single grades are 130 sq. ft standard and 160 sq. ft respectively for superior single inside, with facilities as outlined above. Twin insides are 160 sq. ft; some Grade G superior insides have a bath as well as a shower.
- Three grads of single outside cabins, from 140-165 sq. ft. Some cabins in Grades J/L have bath as well as shower.
- Six grades of outside twin cabins around 165 sq. ft. Exception is Grade A at 200 sq. ft with bath. Grade F has portholes, all others picture window. Some B, C and D grade cabins have a bath.
- Two grades of balcony cabin, 180 to 190 sq. ft. As above, but with furnished private balcony.
- Four grades of junior and larger suites featuring expansive living and entertainment areas, whirlpool baths in some grades, and much larger private balconies. These usually also have fridge and mini bar, and CD/DVD combinations. Sizes from 200- 430 sq. ft.
- Main show lounge with cabaret style shows and revues
- Numerous bars and lounges throughout the ship featuring classical music, jazz, soloists and comedy entertainment
- ‘Crew show’ at least once each voyage
- Two outdoor pools and four hot tubs
- Stunning, two level entrance foyer
- Large, forward facing show lounge
- Numerous bars and lounge areas
- One main dining room offering dinner in two sittings, plus two alternative upper deck venues
- The Grill restaurant - this requires an additional charge
- Large buffet area allowing indoor/outdoor breakfast, lunch and dinner service
- Spectacular upper deck observation lounge
- Large spa and treatment areas in a spectacular upper deck setting
- Large library and internet area.
- Shopping gallery in attractive location.
MV. Balmoral Images
MV. Balmoral Cruises
|29 Oct 2017||A Caribbean Discovery||40 days||Balmoral|
|30 Nov 2017||European Cities||8 days||Balmoral|
|21 Dec 2017||Canaries Christmas & Funchal Fireworks||16 days||Balmoral|
|21 Dec 2017||Canaries Christmas & Funchal Fireworks||15 days||Balmoral|
|6 Jan 2018||Madeira, Lisbon & the Canary Islands||14 days||Balmoral|
|20 Jan 2018||River Seine Sojourn||3 days||Balmoral|
|23 Jan 2018||Rio Carnival & River Plate||46 days||Balmoral|
|10 Mar 2018||In Search of the Northern Lights||14 days||Balmoral|
|24 Mar 2018||Madeira, Portugal,Spain||10 days||Balmoral|
|3 Apr 2018||Mediterranean Islands||17 days||Balmoral|
|20 Apr 2018||Roundtrip to Southampton||5 days||Balmoral|
|25 Apr 2018||Empty Reposition||1 days||Balmoral|
|26 Apr 2018||German Waterways||7 days||Balmoral|
|3 May 2018||Norwegian Fjords||5 days||Balmoral|
|8 May 2018||Norwegian Fjords||7 days||Balmoral|