MS Island Sky
Aboard the Island Sky there are 57 exceptionally spacious and well-designed suites and the feeling of luxury is enhanced by the wood panelling and brass, which predominates throughout the vessel - conveying the atmosphere of a private yacht.
Each suite affords considerable comfort with en-suite bathroom featuring a marble-topped vanity unit with sink and walk-in shower, large wardrobes, dressing table with large mirror and stool. There is a mini-fridge, flat screen television with inbuilt DVD/CD player and a cabin to cabin telephone in each suite. The suites on each deck have their own, unique colour theme; soft hues and blended tones enhance the traditional maritime style reflected throughout the vessel.
The finely decorated public rooms include a spacious lounge on the Columbus Deck featuring a selection of seating options ranging from individual armchairs and comfortable sofas to side cushioned benches. The Cruise Director gives a daily briefing which takes place in the main lounge and talks from Guest Speakers and Expedition staff also occur here. The main lounge is fitted with the highest standard of presentation equipment including multiple screens. There is also The Club, located on the Marco Polo Deck features the main bar where the on-board pianist plays periodically during the day. It even features a 24-hour tea and coffee station.
The main dining room which seats all guests in one sitting is located on the Magellan Deck Outside there the rear Lido deck located on the Erikson Deck, with deck tables and chairs where meals are often served in warm weather. In addition to this there is an observation area with sun loungers ideal for sun bathing, relaxing with a book or catching up with fellow travellers.
MS Island Sky Accommodation
- 57 well-designed and spacious suites, (23 with private balconies) the suites have wood panelling and brass features throughout and all measure between 20 and 23 square metres. The balconies range in size from 4.2 to 5.6 square metres.
- All suites have a sitting room area with coffee table, armchairs and flat screen televisions.
- Each suite has an en-suite bathroom with a marble topped vanity, a hot towel rack, shaver outlet and vanity unit with sink and walk-in shower and/or corner bath tub as well as spacious wardrobes, a dressing table with large mirror and stool or desk, cabin to cabin telephone, mini-fridge, electronic safe, hairdryer and air-conditioning and heating.
- The beds in each cabin have comfortable mattresses and pillows. They can be configured as large double beds or twins.
MS Island Sky Entertainment
- There is a main lounge which has the highest standard of presentation equipment including multiple screens.
- The Club features the main bar where the on board pianist plays periodically during the day. The bar even has a 24-hour tea and coffee station.
- A library with two computers which is the ideal place to relax with a good book is located on the Marco Polo Deck.
- Both the Cruise Director and Expedition Leader give daily briefings and talks from Guest Speakers and Expedition staff which take place in the main lounge.
MS Island Sky Facilities
- Main dining room which can seat all guests at one sitting.
- Lido Deck located on the Bridge Deck with deck tables and chairs where meals are served in warm weather under shade.
- Observation area, with bar service and comfortable deck furniture for sun bathing, relaxing with a book or catching up with fellow travellers.
- Small gymnasium complete with treadmill, bicycle and cross trainer
- Hairdressers with appointments made on request
MS Island Sky Images
MS Island Sky Cruises
|27 Sep 2017||The Making of Spain ex Barcelona to Madrid||12 days||MS Island Sky|
|10 Nov 2017||In the Wake of Shackleton||22 days||MS Island Sky|
|29 Mar 2018||Island Hopping in Cape Verde||10 days||MS Island Sky|
|1 May 2018||Spring in the Gardens of the Mediterranean||14 days||MS Island Sky|
|29 Aug 2018||Baltic Odyssey||12 days||MS Island Sky|
|10 Sep 2018||Cities & Islands of the Baltic||14 days||MS Island Sky|
|10 Nov 2018||In the Wake of Shackleton||22 days||MS Island Sky|