A ship with a distinguished pedigree, Athena is a former transatlantic liner that has been lovingly recreated as an intimate, full facility cruise ship that sails on a wide range of itineraries for Classic International Cruises.
At just over 16,000 tons and 160 metres long, the eight deck Athena is small enough to remain personal, and yet expansive enough to offer five different bars and lounges, as well as an outdoor pool and an alternative buffet area. The ship is tastefully decorated and smart, without being gaudy and overpowering.
The main restaurant offers two sittings for dinner, and there is also the alternative of the lido buffet for breakfast and lunch. Eleven different stateroom categories range from balcony suites with Jacuzzi baths, through to inside cabins. There are also some single cabins available, and all come with the full range of private facilities.
Athena is stable and seaworthy - a trademark of her past on the Atlantic crossing. As such, she is extremely comfortable and well maintained; a kind of floating ‘time capsule’ that cherishes the traditional cruising values without forsaking the modern comforts passengers expect. As such, she represents the best of both worlds and, with an array of time consuming diversions on board, Athena is a smart, stylish choice at a good price.
MS ATHENA ACCOMMODATION
- Eleven grades, all with private facilities and most with twin beds that convert to full size double
- Category 11 balcony suites have Jacuzzi baths
- All other categories have square windows except for grade 3 and four which have portholes
- Category 5 single cabins with square windows
- Interior category 1 and 2 cabins at lowest price points
MS ATHENA ENTERTAINMENT
- Five bars and lounges including a main show lounge for pre dinner cocktails and dancing
- Late night disco
- Small, highly styled casino
MS ATHENA FACILITIES
- Outdoor pool and extensive sun decks
- Lido buffet area
- Two sitting main restaurant
- Library and internet area
- Fitness room
- Beauty salon
- Card room
If you would like more information on the MS Athena or if you would like to discuss a cruise, please call one of our Cruise Experts on 0800 008 6677.