Ms Alta is a graceful, 140 foot long charcoal hulled schooner topped by a trio of soaring masts. She serves as an ideal expedition base for sailing and diving forays around the beautiful nature reserve of the Galapagos Islands.
The ship has three main decks, including a sunning area, and offers guests the option to dine either indoors, or alfresco. A maximum of sixteen passengers are carried in eight double cabins, ranging from 123 to 136 sq. ft in size. All have private facilities.
Alta’s décor is evocative, with many brass and mahogany trimmings throughout the yacht that complement the ships’ exterior aesthetic to perfection. Alta also has an upper deck Jacuzzi for relaxation, and she carries a full complement of sea kayaks for those adventurous enough to head out on their own.
All things considered, this is a unique, intimate product that sails in an area of outstanding, often inaccessible natural beauty, and in a style that can truly be described as totally different. Ms. Alta is elegant and well maintained, and provides guests with a warm, welcoming base from which to create their own series of adventures in what remains one of the last great untamed wildernesses.
MS ALTA ACCOMMODATION
- Eight outside cabins spread across three upper decks
- All with private shower, WC and ample hanging space for clothes
- All air conditioned
- Sizes range from 123 to 136 sq. ft
MS ALTA ENTERTAINMENT
- One main indoor lounge, sometimes featuring local musicians
- Occasional deck parties
- The simple act of watching the great, billowing sails being raised and lowered- it’s the kind of theatre that you simply never forget
MS ALTA FACILITIES
- A flotilla of sea kayaks, available to guests to explore individually if they wish
- Upper deck Jacuzzi
If you would like more information on the MS Alta or if you would like to discuss a cruise, please call one of our Cruise Experts on 0800 008 6677.